I'm trying to setup opencv on an eBox 3350MX and get some simple camera capture (for now) in java.
I have tried opencv 1.0 and 2.1 as Pedro suggested. I tried even newer version with no luck.
The examples I've used are here:
Everything runs well without compilation or run-time errors but I get a black screen instead of an image!
I have troubleshot my setup as follows:
1. Installed properly opencv and set the environmental variables
2. Tried all versions of FFMPEG static x86
3. Tried all versions of javacv bin. Apparently, the javacv bins are compatible with opencv 2.4.0 or newer
4. Installed Microsoft vcredist_x86
5. Tried java-jdk 5, 6, and 7
6. I have used a compatible to opencv camera with correctly installed drivers etc (the cam works well with other software on ebox)
7. Tried to use libraries from Processing 1.2.1 (followed the tutorial on http://ubaa.net/shared/processing/opencv/
I really don't know what's wrong or if I am missing something.
Could you please provide an opencv setup guide for ebox and java, or at least tell me what should I do further?
An opencv setup guide for ebox would be very useful and help many people.
Also, is FFMPEG really needed?